Philip Morris International, Inc (NYSE / Euro next Paris: PM) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Louis Camille, considered by investors today at Morgan Stanley Global Consumer & Retail Conference in New York.
Presentations and Q & A session are web cast live www.pmi.com, in listen-only mode, beginning at about 12 Noon Eastern Time. Backup copy of the web cast, along with slides, will be available on this website. Presentation includes the following key features:
• PMI confirms its 2012 reported per share guidance range of $ 5.12 to $ 5.18 versus $ 4.85 in 2011. Exception, an estimated unfavorable currency impact for the full year of $ 0.23 per share previously reported adjustments $ 0.05 tax and $ 0.02 for asset impairment and exit costs, this guide assumes that the growth rate of about 11% -12 % compared to the adjusted diluted EPS of $ 4.88 in 2011;
• International industry volume forecast up to 2015, with the exception of China, ranging from stable to continued modest annual decline to 1,3%; PMI expects further growth in non-OECD markets, mainly due to favorable demographics, which will be offset by long-term extension reduction OECD markets, including China, PMI expects the international market cigarettes to be resistant to increase to 1.1% per year;
• Organic PMI in volume by 0.7% in September year to date due to the regions of Asia and the EAEC and the growth of eight ten PMI brands; PMI plans to meet its medium-and long-term goal of an annual organic growth of 1% full in 2012;
• PMI’s market share by 0.4 points to 37.0% in September year-to-date in the top 30 markets, PMI companies operating revenues;
• Pricing remains the key driver of revenue growth PMI, despite the current economic and regulatory issues, from the beginning up to the reporting date to September; PMI reached a price variance $ 1.3 billion;
• PMI completed exploratory clinical trial for the first of his three next-generation product (NGPS) platforms and plans to launch eight more in 2013, pioneering the first NGP PMI in the manufacturing plant in Europe is scheduled for mid 2013; PMI plans previously announced investment of € 500-600 over three years to set the starting power NGP about 30 billion units, commercialization NGPS planned for 2016-2017, as well as
• Since the PMI, a spin-off in March 2008, the Company completed two share repurchase program for a total of $ 25 billion and annual dividend increased by 84.8% last dividend of 10.4% was held in September 2012, emphasizing the confidence PMI into the future.
Presentation, discussion and related this release includes statements that are, to what they relate strictly to historical or current facts, are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are based on current plans, estimates and expectations and are not guarantees of future performance.
They are based on management expectations that involve a number of business risks and uncertainties, any of which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements.
Risks and uncertainties associated with forward-looking statements in this presentation and related discussion of this issue, as described in Item 1A. “Risk Factors” in PMI form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. PMI does not undertake to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, except in the course of its public disclosure obligations.
Adjusted earnings per share of $ 4.88 in 2011 is calculated as reported diluted earnings per share of $ 4.85, excluding $ 0.02 per share for the benefit of discrete elements of the tax, plus $ 0.05 per share in charges due to asset impairment and exit costs.
Guidance excludes the impact of potential future acquisitions, contingent asset impairment charges and exit costs, and any unusual events.
Glossary of terms and agreements of non-GAAP measures included in the presentation of the most comparable GAAP measures are included in either end of the presentation or Web site at PMI.
Philip Morris International, Inc
Philip Morris International, Inc (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the 15 largest in the world of international brands, including Marlboro, the number one worldwide cigarette. PMI products in the world sold in approximately 180 countries. In 2011, the Company held approximately 16.0% share of total world cigarette market outside the U.S., or 28.1% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S.