One of the main impacts of smoking on athletic performance is a decrease in lung function. The lungs consist of delicate membranes which are able to filter oxygen out of the air and send it into the bloodstream. Oxygen is essential for muscle function, especially during exercise, when muscles demand more oxygen. Smoking breaks down tiny hairs called cilia which are meant to prevent foreign bodies, such as dust and other particles, from interfering with respiration. Eventually the lungs become less efficient in drawing oxygen from the air, which can lead to asthma, bronchitis and other lung ailments. For athletes, this means a decrease in stamina and performance, as muscles that get inadequate oxygen become fatigued more quickly. Smokers also tend to suffer from shortness of breath more often than nonsmokers, as their muscles and heart demand more oxygen than their lungs are able to supply.
- Big Tobacco Deal With Restrictions on Cigarette Packages
- FDA Stopped the Sale of Four Cigarette Brands
- The Top Tobacco Companies Increase Prices
- The Media Totally Exaggerated Study On Risk Of ‘Popcorn Lung’ From E-Cigarettes
- Over 2.5 Trillion Cigarettes Are Smoked in China Annually
- Philip Morris International Celebrates 50th Anniversary in Switzerland
- Altria Best Choice for Long-Term Investor
- Research Needs And Approaches for e-cigarette
- British American Tobacco Announces Largest Annual Revenue in 14 Years
- Tthe Effects of smoking on the Body
- Imperial Tobacco Group in Talks With U.K. for E-Cigarette License
- Chicago bans smoking, e-cigarettes at city parks
- Could e-cigarettes be banned from luggage on planes?
- Safe or not? The risk of electronic cigarettes
- Dunhill - Keeps the Essence
Tobacco InfoTobacco is an annual or bi-annual growing 1-3 meters tall with large sticky leaves that contain nicotine. Native to the Americas, tobacco has a long history of use as a shamanic inebriant and stimulant. It is extremely popular and well-known for its addictive potential.
Nicotiana rustica leaves. Nicotiana rustica leaves have a nicotine content as high as 9%, whereas Nicotiana tabacum (common tobacco) leaves contain about 1 to 3%
A cigar is a tightly rolled bundle of dried and fermented tobacco which is ignited so that its smoke may be drawn into the mouth. Cigar tobacco is grown in significant quantities in Brazil, Cameroon, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Indonesia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Sumatra, Philippines, and the Eastern United States.
Tobacco is an agricultural product processed from the fresh leaves of plants in the genus Nicotiana. It can be consumed, used as an organic pesticide, and in the form of nicotine tartrate it is used in some medicines. In consumption it may be in the form of cigarettes smoking, snuffing, chewing, dipping tobacco, or snus.
Cigarettes are smoking products consumed by people and made out of cut tobacco leaves. Cigars are typically composed completely of whole-leaf tobacco. A cigarette has smaller size, composed of processed leaf, and white paper wrapping. The term cigarette refers to a tobacco cigarette too but it can apply to similar devices containing other herbs, such as cannabis.
I tried to stop smoking cigarettes by telling myself I just didn't want to smoke, but I didn't believe myself.
- Barbara Kelly
I kissed my first girl and smoked my first cigarette on the same day. I haven't had time for tobacco since.
To smoke or not to smoke: I can make of either a life-work.
There's a lot of people who, a cigarette is about the only vacation they have.
Good food, good sex, good digestion, good sleep: to these basic animal pleasures, man has added nothing but the good cigarette.
Watching the smoke dance out of a cigarette is like watching a girl dance out of her dress.
Tobacco, divine, rare superexcellent tobacco, which goes far beyond all panaceas, potable gold and philosopher's stones, a sovereign remedy to all diseases.
Coffee and tobacco are complete repose.