Eastern Tobacco Company
The Company’s principal activity is the manufacture and distribution of cigarettes, cigars, molassed, flavoured tobacco for pipe and water pipe and filters and other associated products for domestic markets and export. The Company also exports various products: fertilizers, tyres. The company was established in July 1920.
- The manufacturing and trade of tobacco, its products and requirement.
- Practice of any investment, financial, commercial, industrial, agriculture or service activities.
- Ownership and building of real estates Purchasing and division of lands for investments, renting, selling.
- Importation, exportation and commercial agencies.
- Establishment or partnership, or purchasing companies or share-holding of such companies in Egypt or abroad and in whatever industry, or it may participate or develop any of the objects of such companies provided that HC approves business.
Eastern Company Is Keen On Formulating Export Policies To Promote Exports Through Adopting Several Measures By Improving Export Products, And Open New Markets Allover The World By Offer Agencies And Distributors Not Only For Tobacco Products But Also Extended To Importation, Exportation And Commercial Agencies For Egyptian products
Key developments for EASTERN TOBACCO (EAST)
Eastern Company SAE has renewed its agreement with British American Tobacco (BAT) for a further five years, covering the local production of Viceroy cigarettes. The cigarettes will be produced in Eastern’s plants, while the local arm of BAT will be in charge of marketing and distribution.
Building on the original five-year agreement signed in 2004, British American Tobacco Egypt (BAT) and Eastern Company SAE have renewed their cooperation agreement for a period of five years, beginning February 19, 2009 and ending February 18, 2014. This agreement allows for the joint production of Viceroy brand cigarettes, with Eastern Company responsible for the production of the cigarettes while British American Tobacco Egypt assumes responsibility for the marketing and sale of the cigarettes.
Eastern Company SAE announced that it would pay a cash dividend of EGP 14 ($2.51) per share to shareholders as of November 10, 2008. It would pay the dividend on November 13, 2008.
Eastern Tobacco Co
Major Industry: TOBACCO
Sub Industry: CIGARETTE MANUFACTURERS